Our Mission is to democratise the global research industry by providing unbiased insights into the world’s technology markets. We build everything from data - so we cut through marketing spend and spin. With our AI platform, any company can now research the technology and innovation that they need to stay competitive.
Forestreet is a B Corp. Our approach is always ethical and independent. We are committed to being a net-zero business and promoting business practices that respect our environment.
Having completed our Series A funding round earlier this year, we are investing in our product and making the market aware of a radical new alternative to traditional research. We have a ‘Blue-Chip’ leadership team and we are looking for people who want to grow and develop with the company.
Our Company values
Curious, Helpful, Independent, Responsible, Remarkable
About the role
You will report to our Head of Engineering and lead a small yet growing squad of engineers, who are passionate about the code they write. You will work on a frontend unlike any you have experienced before, with no forms, and a very visual, unique interface.
What you can expect
- This is a hybrid position, you will be close to the code vs leading, coaching, and mentoring a squad of engineers with a range of experience
- Overall responsibility for the architecture, design, and code quality of the features your team produces - you don’t do it all, you work with your team to make it happen
- You will be leading regular retrospectives and engineering stand-ups to help improve the efficiency of the team.
- As a Lead Engineer, you will contribute to engineering best practices and influence the direction of the frontend team as it grows.
- Work with your team to scope complex tasks and projects, working closely with our Product Manager to break them down into smaller, tangible tasks and stories
- To own features end to end that require out-of-the-box thinking. Some of these features may interact with data scientist APIs
- Write and maintain endpoints in our Express App, using Node
- Creating new Components, Views and Contexts in our React app.
- Architecting and building out our API
- Defining Cypress tests and shipping these along with your front-end code.
- Writing elegant, tested code.
- You will have the freedom to work autonomously and take ownership, but the support will be there when you need it.
As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will:
- Be passionate about scalability, quality, and mentoring
- Desire to mentor more junior members of the team and to pair program to share your knowledge across the team
- You’re a self-starter with a focus on pragmatism and output over-engineering perfection
- Experienced building front-ends in React using functional components and Hooks.
- Experienced building well designed and architected APIs using Node / Express.
- Good proficiency in TypeScript.
- Good proficiency writing optimized SQL queries.
- Experience owning the entire feature creation, back-end and front-end
- A background working in agile and in sprints
- Prior experience building SPAs, designing APIs, and writing endpoints in Node using Express.
- A preference to operate without lots of bureaucracy. At Forestreet we don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’
- Overall, you will bring a logical approach to your work. We are not afraid to make mistakes, but we use data and logic to back up decisions and improve our product.
- A brand-new M1 MacBook Air and all the tools you need to be effective and efficient.
- We want people to grow with us, we provide development paths/ structured training support
- 13th-month bonus - double salary one month each year
- 9 day compressed fortnight to allow our team to have a better work life balance. Colleagues are not expected to work every second Friday.
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid working model - 2 days in our new office located next to Angel Tube Station, lots of restaurants, pubs, microbreweries, Exmouth Market
- B-Corp - employee ownership. We provide great tools for work, and a good environment, we do things the right way for our employees, clients and the wider world
- We have an experienced management team that understands medium and long-term career development.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.