Our Mission drives us to democratise data and provide unbiased insights to the world’s technology markets that ignore marketing spend and spin.
Ensuring that all companies can access data-led insights that enable innovation and productivity.
We have a commitment to ensure our approach is always ethical, is accessible to businesses of all sizes and achieves its goals without damage to our social or physical environment.
We are committed to being a net-zero business and promoting business practices that respect our environment. Forestreet is B-Corp certified.
We completed our Series A earlier this year. Our funding will help us ensure that more users can find every relevant company in a market in hours rather than weeks and have the data to compare them objectively, our organisation is now scaling at pace.
Our Company values
Curious | Helpful | Independent | Responsible | Remarkable
About The Role
To quote one of our US customers “I have access to 40,000 data providers and not one of them can do what the Forestreet team can do!”
There will be unique engineering challenges, room to grow your career with close support from the leadership team.
What you can expect:
- You will report to our Head of Engineering and work, with a team of engineers who are passionate about the code they write
- You will work on a frontend unlike any you have experienced before, with no forms, and a very visual, unique interface.
- To work autonomously and take ownership. You will thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
- To own features end to end that require out of the box thinking. Some of these features may interact with data scientist APIs
- Write and maintain endpoints in our Express App, using Node
- Creating new Components, Views and Contexts in our React app.
- Architecting and building out our API
- Defining Cypress tests and shipping these along with your front-end code.
- Writing elegant, tested code.
As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will have:
- Experienced building front-ends in React using functional components and Hooks.
- Experienced building well designed and architected APIs using Node / Express.
- Good proficiency in TypeScript.
- Good proficiency writing optimised SQL queries.
- Experience owning the entire feature creation, back-end and front-end
- A background working in agile and in sprints
- Prior experience building SPAs, designing APIs, and writing endpoints in Node using Express.
- A preference to operate without lots of bureaucracy. At Forestreet we don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’
- A logical approach to your work. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to back up decisions and improve understanding.
- A brand-new M1 MacBook Air and all the tools you need to be effective and efficient.
- We want people to grow with us, we provide development paths/ structured training support
- 13th-month bonus - double salary one month each year
- Hybrid working model - 2 days in our new office located next to Angel Tube Station, lots of restaurants, pubs, microbreweries, Exmouth Market
- 9 day compressed fortnight to allow our team to have a better work life balance. Colleagues are not expected to work every second Friday.
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday
- B-Corp - employee ownership. We provide great tools for work, a good environment, we do things the right way for our employees, clients and the wider world
- We have an experienced management team that understands medium and long-term career development.
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to Forestreet.
We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.