Our Mission drives us to democratise data and provide unbiased insights to the world’s technology markets that ignore marketing spend and spin.
Ensuring that all companies can access data-led insights that enable innovation and productivity.
We have a commitment to ensure our approach is always ethical, is accessible to businesses of all sizes and achieves its goals without damage to our social or physical environment.
We are committed to being a net-zero business and promoting business practices that respect our environment. Forestreet is B-Corp certified.
We completed our Series A earlier this year. Our funding will help us ensure that more users can find every relevant company in a market in hours rather than weeks and have the data to compare them objectively, our organisation is now scaling at pace.
Our Company values
Curious | Helpful | Independent | Responsible | Remarkable
About The Role
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to join our expanding sales team. You will be the front of the company and will be responsible for identifying target customers, creating new opportunities and closing deals within their defined vertical. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
What you can expect:
- Work with Marketing and Sales Leadership to define and maintain a Target Account List (TAL)
- Successfully establish relationships with identified Buyer Personas in prospects on the TAL
- Create a pipeline of well-qualified opportunities with these prospects that leverage the benefits of the Forestreet solution portfolio
- Work with Finance and Sales Leadership to deliver compelling proposals
- Negotiate with prospects to convert the qualified opportunities into closed deals
- Create strategies to successfully reach new business opportunities using a full range of on-line and off-line channels (Social, digital, events etc.)
- Work with Inbound lead sources (Marketing, SDR) to capture, qualify and progress new opportunities efficiently
- Build relationships with new clients
- Use Forestreet's Management Information Systems (in particular the CRM system) to ensure that inputs are accurate and up to date
- Accurately forecast deal closure dates and values by consistently using the Forestreet Sales Playbook
As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will have:
- A proven track record of success in B2B field sales: at least 5 years’ experience, ideally in software or related industries
- This should include managing the sales cycle from initial prospecting to deal closure
- Successful experience of creating pipeline – ideally in a start-up environment – is also essential
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, self-starter
- Strong personal work ethic and good time management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- Ability to use tools such as CRM and Excel to analyse, plan and monitor sales effectiveness
- We want people to grow with us, we provide development paths / structured training support
- Hybrid working model – minimum 3 days in our new office located next to Angel Tube Station, lots of restaurants, pubs, microbreweries, Exmouth Market
- We operate a 9 day compressed fortnight to allow our team to have a better work life balance. Colleagues are not expected to work every second Friday.
- 25 days holiday
- B-Corp - employee ownership. We provide great tools for work, a good environment, we do things the right way for our employees, clients and the wider world
- We have an experienced management team, that understands medium and long-term career development.
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to Forestreet.
We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.